Monday, March 15, 2010

New House

I moved into a new house today. My landlord and owner is nice. I haven't met the other two ladies who live there yet. Mostly I'm revelling over the fact that it is incredibly close to everything. Once my bike is here, I'll be able to pedal everywhere I want to go... all the ballrooms, etc.

Later in the afternoon, I had coffee with Rachel, a long-time dance instructor in Portland. She wants to perform with me and train in all sorts of things. I'm excited, because she brings so much experience with these things, and I have performed only maybe twice. It's honestly a little overwhelming all the people I want to work with. Tomorrow I'll go to Seattle to rehearse for a performance at BluesSHOUT in Austin. And I might, just might, teach my first (no, second) private lesson.

Tonight I'm checking out a tango class with the instructor I want to study under, and before that starts I'm listening to the musical musings of the Kung Pao Chickens, a local gypsy jazz band. this means that my writing is being broken up by the occasional Charleston. For anyone who ever visits Portland, and not only dancers, I highly recommend the LaurelThirst Pub on Monday nights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOXAKNDdOo