Monday, March 15, 2010

Dancing like a pro

I trained all day today. 12:30-2:30 jazz class, danced with Drew for a little over an hour, 4 classes at a hip hop studio, and then I went to a local dance and danced for another 3 hours or so. I am exhausted. My back is tired, feet are tired - I just felt like sleeping in the car. That is something Brenda used to always do in her days of crazy training.

The best thing about today was that I really started to feel my body well. I was starting to relax into my stretches, and moving fluidly. The other good thing is mid-way through the day, as my muscles that I overuse became exhausted, I was forced to use my body more efficiently. I never got so tired that I lost my form, so I learned much today. My back was exhausted social dancing, but I just focused on keeping my posture strong and not letting people pull me down.