Monday, February 28, 2011

man's gotta find his groove

Kool and the Gang - Get down on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI


--------------------------

I was riding the bus, and in comes this Persian guy, greeting everyone, "Hello! Salam!" He moved to the back of the bus near me, talking and talking about God, love, Sufism, and self to a 17 year old girl. I was giggling so hard. I love this stuff. People on the bus preach the truth, even when they don't mean to. I was sitting next to a lady who knew him from elsewhere; she had enough of him before he entered the bus and could hardly conceal her annoyance.

But listen to this - as he talked and talked about God, more people around him began to talk. Some of them, like the lady next to me, did it in a way to join forces against his bubbling personality. But all the same, they were talking. Perhaps it was due to my perspective, but I swear that I've never seen a happier and more communicative bus. This is God's work. I understand now. His perspicacity pervaded throughout, and though the lady would never have admitted to being under his influence, how obviously she was! That guy was like a rock chucked into a hornets' nest. That stone moves the world.