Friday, September 10, 2010

Meeting people

I've met with two friends in the past days, Matthew and Nich, both of whom in their own way radiate a certain form of masculinity. I watched their postures closely, and both of them have broad shoulders with a tall frame. Their head rests easily on top of their shoulder girdle, and their necks are not strained. My head tends to crane forward, and my neck gets stressed out when I try to pull my head back. It's fascinating how guys with a good posture have a very distinct presence. It is calm and relaxed, yet feels strong and present.

A few months back in SF, I tried going into a trance with a friend. It's essentially a form of dream state, but I went walking and came across another form of myself. An older, calmer, stronger self. He mostly ignored me as I tried to ask him questions, and his only suggestion for me was, "Learn to relax." I remember being struck by his posture, and his relaxed sitting (then with his back to me) on a bench. This easy upright posture is what I've seen in Nich and Matthew.