Sunday, May 2, 2010

this weekend

I started really riding my bike around the city this weekend. I saw four marches on Saturday - one pro-immigration rally with thousands of people voicing their anger at the Arizona legislation. It was touching seeing everyone out with their families and taking up the Obama cry - Si, se puede! For some reason or another, an anti-WTO and globalization rally was tagging along as a caboose. Then there were the demonstrators outside NIke who somehow managed to silence the immigration rally; these were against Nike's use of sweatshops. Last and certainly least (by numbers) was NORML, the organization for Marijuana Legislation Reform. This mostly consisted of a rock band and a circle of amazingly good hacky-sackers...

I realized today that driving my car stresses me out, and riding my bike makes me feel like I have everything I need. Of course, it wasn't raining this weekend.

In other news, I'm off to tango, then to demo at Barefoot Blues. And soon I'll have a video of me and Drew dancing. ALso, I start teaching a men's group on Tuesday.