Sunday, May 23, 2010

of all the books

I've been reading Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, and I've just started Anthony Robbin's Awaken the Giant Within. In each of these books about achieving one's goals, the authors insist upon one basic tenet. That is, without a definite purpose, one cannot succeed. For this reason, I have bought a small notebook and written myself a mission statement for my life.


My goal is to understand myself and the laws of nature through the
study of dance. I want to become aware of the subtle nature of
reality, take full control of my own power, and be an ambassador of
love and hope for the world.

In the short-term, to accomplish this goal, I need mental and
emotional clarity, courage to accept the reality I find, physical
health, and financial security. I also need to humble myself in order
to take in the teachings of all teachers who are sent to me. I must
remind myself that teachers can come in any shape or form. I must
analyze for myself what is helpful and harmful - fully opening myself
to what is helpful and fully defending myself from what is harmful.

I have been presented with teachers who can help me in the
accomplishment of the above goals. My biggest current liability and
source of worry comes from how to finance my education. For this
reason, I am laying out financial goals.



The statement continues to lay out a budget and series of goals within the next year, but I'll keep that private.