Monday, April 19, 2010

The weekend was not so restful afterall.

I was doing well. I cleaned my room, cooked some food, did what I needed to do. In fact, I finished my choreography and already printed up flyers for a 6 week class. But Sunday turned into a whirlwind. It started with a waltz brunch, where they taught a two hour class followed by social dancing. Afterwards, I was teaching at Blues Lab, a local venue for burgeoning instructors, which was followed by more social dancing, and then of course, I went out social dancing. All being said, I was on the dance floor for 10+ hours, and by the end of the night my knees were feeling it. Luckily I have gotten the plantar fasciitis, or pain in the hell, subsiding. But I still need to rest more.

I just went to a movie, the first one in a while, and I can now say, having seen nearly all of the oscar nominees, that "Un prophete" was my favorite of the year. I recommend it over Avatar and Up in the Air, and all the rest. Although I still have not seen "A single Man"

In other news, I've been scheming this weekend, and along with the men's choreography, I want to teach a blues fundamentals "boot camp." I'm currently thinking a four hour session on a Saturday or Sunday spent drilling fundamentals would be great. Hopefully I'd be able to run it once a month. It's hard, while trying to work all these things out, not to compare myself to the protagonist in "Un Prophete." Hopefully you won't think too badly of me when you see the movie.