Thursday, April 8, 2010

on a hectic life

I saw Anna today, and we were supposed to dance, but instead she ended up doing energy work on me, frequently commenting on how ragged I was running myself. She says that I need to slow down and figure out what will help me grow the most instead of trying to do everything. (yesterday I went to Pilates, Modern Dance, Tango Practica, Ballet, and another Ballet class, followed by a few songs of Blues dancing in a bar) By the end of the day yesterday, my knees were feeling shot, and my spirit was down. In times like these, I keep forgetting why I am doing what I'm doing.

So maybe she's right. I fill out the final paperwork for my classes tomorrow, so i might drop one or two. That would give me more time to get accustomed to living in my new setting and in Portland. Anna also says this will be time to start figuring out how to take care of my body and stop expecting it to simply keep running.