Sunday, January 16, 2011

a vision

I laid down the other night, and let my mind drift. I found myself following a dream I've been having lately. I've been lying in a boat, drifting down a lazy river. A friendly boatman who looks a little like myself is steering. We finally stop, and I step to shore in front of my house. I was using this dream to create the house and life I want. I mostly walk around the house in a little bit of awe, paying attention to all the details, trying to fill in blank spots. Often times I will meet a sort of guide, and we talk about life.

This time however I lay in the boat with apprehension. I glanced up and the boatman had no face - just a haze of grey. We were drifting down a river, but it was getting darker and darker; soon I realized we were entering a cave. The walls continued to close in upon me. I almost shook myself awake, but I reminded myself that true danger is within, and I must confront this. I laid back down, and the cave continued to close in on me. We barely squeezed through, but once we did we stopped at the dark shore and I disembarked. Waiting for me was a guide wearing a hood so you couldn't see his blackened face.

I decided to follow him, and we proceeded down a passageway. Suddenly I recognized my surroundings from a dream I had a few years back. I was at the opening of another cave, and out front was a coke machine. In my last dream, a man covered with hair except for his piercing eyes chased me out of the cave. I wasted time at the coke machine until he was about to catch me, but right when he did, I shook myself awake. This time he emerged. We made eye contact, and I followed him down the darkened pathway. When we were alone, he turned and grabbed me hugging me tight. He grip was suffocating, and he started to completely cover me. It felt like I was in his stomach, and I thought I was dying. After a while of not moving, I realized I was not dead and decided to stand. I emerged from the cave a different man - I had become the hairy man. As I continued to walk from the darkness, the hair began to fall off. What finally emerged was a new man. I stepped into a beautiful suit, and I found myself at the base of my house - where I would have been after getting off the boat in my normal dream.

-----------------------------------------


"Their mind being whole, their mind is as yet unconquered, and when we look in their faces, we are disconcerted." -Emerson, Self Reliance

9 David was afraid of the LORD that day; and he said, “How can the ark of the LORD come to me?” 10 So David would not move the ark of the LORD with him into the City of David; but David took it aside into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite. 11 The ark of the LORD remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite three months. And the LORD blessed Obed-Edom and all his household.
12 Now it was told King David, saying, “The LORD has blessed the house of Obed-Edom and all that belongs to him, because of the ark of God.” So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with gladness. 13 And so it was, when those bearing the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, that he sacrificed oxen and fatted sheep. 14 Then David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was wearing a linen ephod. 15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet. -2 Samuel 6:9-15