Tuesday, July 20, 2010

today

Today a teacher told me that our learning styles weren't matching, and that they were frustrated by class with me. They said they thought my head was too full of stuff, and saying anything to me would just put more stuff in, when it needed to be emptied. When I asked how my dancing felt, they said, "stiff, and it's not fun." They told me to go social dance and try to relax, but I still don't understand. I don't know why I can't dance with anyone. It's never felt right to partner dance. When I told Steven Mitchell this, that I just "didn't feel the lindy hop." He gave me crazy eyes, and asked me what I meant. Then he said that the only people who ever said that to him were Skye Humphries and Peter Strom. That made me think I was on the right track for even asking such a question, but I just don't know. I don't even feel like I do a ball step right.. That's not even half a triple step. How the hell am I going to do this?

I feel so shattered right now. I can't straighten myself up. I just took a long bath and tried to relax.

Actually, looking away from the screen, I feel better. It's like I remembered that there's still life happening. I think I'll go drink some water and get some chocolate milk.